Saturday, January 5, 2008

Warrior-Bloggers

There is a hollow in my heart,
An empty place I go
To find the voice I never heard,
The face I did not know

For they belonged to one now lost,
Who stood, despite his fears,
And faced the dark in our behalf
And leaves us now with tears.

For though I never met the men
Their thoughts are known to me
They fought and blogged, they left to us
A precious legacy.

A soldier’s call to those at home
Don’t cut us to the bone
Don’t send us here, then damn us all.
He said, “Hope Rides Alone”.
(SGT Eddie Jeffers)

G’kar sent insight from the front
And thoughts on life back here
He held his life in high regard,
But held his freedom dear.
(MAJ Andrew Olmstead)

That empty place within my heart
Is filled with grief tonight
The scythe of war has reaped again
A warrior of the light
The fight goes on because it must
But somehow it seems right
That I should wash their memories
In tears, to keep them bright.

No comments: