Monday, March 10, 2008

The Faeries are Dancing Tonight

I think the Faeries are dancing tonight
Outside my window there’s flickering light
The wild moon is burning, fiery and bright
I think the Faeries are dancing tonight

I think the Faeries are dancing for me
The shadows twirl round the bent cedar tree
The wind whistles softly a song of glee
I think the faeries are dancing for me

I think the Faeries are calling me out
I long to join them, go twirling about
Between this earth and the starry redoubt
I think the Faeries are calling me out

I hear their voices and I long to go
Out past the winter and out past the snow
Out past the morning, the rising sun’s glow
I hear their voices, but I cannot go.

I hear them calling, they’ve called me before,
But I haven’t finished my earthly chore
So I dare not stray too far from my door
Though I know someday they’ll call me once more

No comments: