Sunday, July 13, 2008

Some Color and Characters from this Weekend

Honeysuckle doing what honeysuckle does best... climbing the lattice

Columbines
Roses in Pink:
And in deeper pink:
Daisies:


Some interesting locals:
Just as I started to click I heard the deep buzz of a hummer passing by my ear and into the middle of this honeysuckle cluster. Enlarge the photo and look for the blur... do you see it?

And this is the woodpecker who tried to pound his way through two of the neighbors' rooftops... both made of concrete tile!
And this Stellar's Jay really wanted those peanuts, but he just wouldn't come get them while I was waiting around with a camera...
And guess who showed up this weekend in all his Glory?!!!
The wind picked up as the sun was heading down. I caught this as the night lighting came up.
And the moon was hanging around watching it all..

No comments: