Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thankgiving 2009

Cinnamon soon will scent the air
And day's chaos will start,
Right now it's just the misty dawn,
Me and my thankful heart.

I'm thankful for this peaceful day
And all its noisy cheer.
I'm thankful for the family
And all whom I hold dear.

I'm thankful for my freedoms held
By friends across the sea
And those who guard our streets at home,
Who serve so willingly.

I'm thankful for the coming feast,
The hands that make work light,
The laughter that will fill the day
And warm the chilly night.

I'm thankful for the loving friends
Who get me through each day
And for the problems that I face,
They've taught me how to pray.

I'm thankful for this Christmastide
That's just about to start.
I'm thankful for the fresh new year
as this year we depart.
And all these thanks I lift to Him
Who fills my grateful heart!

No comments: