Tuesday, June 15, 2010

God Sang To Me This Morning

Jesus sang to me this morning
As I lay sleeping in my bed
He called me from the edge of sleep
I woke with His song in my head

He bade me give Him my worries
Place my burdens in His strong hand
He said that I could rest in Him;
An offer of love, not command.

He sang me a song of childhood
One that I hadn’t heard in years
Just one verse that answered the prayers
I had filled last night with my fears

I woke to the voice of my savior
His words came with the dawn’s fresh light
Reminding me of His great love
And that He is holding me tight


I heard him singing: "Lay your worries on my shoulder, put your troubles in my pocket, rest your head on me a while" I know the song is slightly different, but this is the way He sang it to me. I had not heard that song in years. I had not listened to music of any sort since Sunday & that song was not among those I heard then. But it did answer my prayers from last night. I love it when He speaks to me on the edge of sleep, because I can hear Him clearly then & I know it's Him. Patient Expectation.

No comments: