Thursday, April 19, 2012

Jeanie Hendry

You always read my blogs each day. I had to send you little notes to tell you not to worry if a poem was sad because you would call or write to check on me if I did not. You would send me little notes to share an article you'd found or a memory of someone we knew, a place that we had been.  You always finished with "Love Aye". I will miss those notes, but I know that I don't have to miss your love. That you gave to me forever.  Love Aye, Jeanie. Love Aye.





 







I knew this day was coming on,
I knew that you would go
But still I cannot stop the tears,
Or even slow their flow.  

I know that you are in His arms
And all your pain is gone.
I also know that you expect
That we will carry on.

The place in my heart where you lived
Will echo for a while,
But it will warm with happiness
Remembering your smile.  

So I will weep while I rejoice,
That you live in His Grace.
And I know your love lives in me
For each tear bears its trace.

No comments: