Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Silkie, My Heart and The Sea








Come back Silkie, come back to me,
I wait for you despairingly
To swim back through the cold salt sea
And return what you took from me.

When I first met my dark Silkie
I was down walking by the sea.
He touched my face so lovingly,
Then stole my mortal heart from me.

We lingered there, down by the sea,
While days slipped by most joyously.
I told myself he’d stay with me,
But that, alas, was not to be.

For there was no hold I could see,
On one who’d lived so fierce and free,
And he was drawn back to the sea,
Though I begged him to stay with me.

Now he has gone, despite my plea,
Back to the arms of the salt sea,
And with him went the heart in me.
So I weep inconsolably.

If he will not come back to me,
Then I shall swim out to the sea.
Perhaps he’ll meet me willingly.
If not, my lost heart drowns with me.

No comments: