Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Broken

I dwell in silence half the night
The chaos of the day
Has overwhelmed me and I run
And try to hide-away

But in the silence where I dwell
I find good company
For you are always waiting there
And you always love me

I’m not your finest creation
My faith is often frail
But you have always stood by me
Through every new travail

It’s not your faithfulness that’s weak
But mine that fails the test
Yet every time I quit or fall
You hold me to your breast

And let me know that I am loved
In spite of all my shame
You lift me up and dust me off
You call me by my name

All of the heavenly voices
And all the songs they’ve sung
Cannot be sweeter than the sound
Of my name on your tongue

I am not worthy of your love
And yet you still love me
Each day I chain myself with fear,
Each day you set me free.

So meet me in my silent room
Where I am on my knees
I’m not as strong as I should be
But let me serve you, please.

No comments: