Thursday, May 8, 2008

Psalm 103:1-5

I asked you to lift up my heart,
On mighty wings to soar;
I asked you to give me the strength
To face what lies in store;
I asked you to watch over those
Whom I love and adore;
I asked you to protect them from
The troubles at their door.

I asked you to heal all the pain
That started long before,
And take away their fear and shame.
All that I did implore.
For they can’t join your plans for them
While crumpled on the floor.
Oh Lord lift them on mighty wings
And help their spirits soar.

I feared you had not heard my voice,
In dread I stood alone.
I challenged you to prove your love;
I needed to be shown
That you could even hear my prayers
Upon your mighty throne;
Lift up my heart and let it soar
Where eagle's wings have flown.

I heard a voice speak quietly,
Soothing my deep despair,
It said look up and see my face
For I have heard your prayer;
Know that my love will never fail
For I am always there.
Then I looked up and wept to see
The eagles everywhere!















Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

No comments: