Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Day of the Funeral

I just heard some thunder in the distance,

An ominous start to the day.

The wind is whipping around the chimney,

It’s rattling and howling away.

This is the day that I've dreaded so long,

A day that I prayed would not come,

But when it's all over and everyone's gone

I'm confident I will succumb

To all the sorrows and all of the grief

That I've held at bay for so long.

I know someday my world will seem brighter

But today it’s just all so wrong.


The funeral is today. I find it appropriate the sky weeps and winds moan angrily out my window. Even in daylight the inlet is cast in dark colors and sadness weighs it down. Tomorrow will be brighter, but today.... today the whole world weeps in sorrow. Time to say good-bye.


No comments: