Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Prayer and It's Answer

As a misty morning dawns,
The perfect time to heal,
A cleansing rain restores the earth
And I can truly feel
The need to pray for that same gift;
So let me hush and kneel
And ask the Lord to hear my prayer
And grant my heart’s appeal,
Please cleanse me as you cleanse the earth
That my heart, too, may heal.

I woke up early this moring to the sound of an alarm clock buzzer in my head. Only I had not set the clock. I figured God had something He wanted me to see or something He wanted me to do. So I got up, wandered around a bit and then remembered Psalm 46, Be still and know that I am God. So I stood by my bedroom window and was still. Still enough to hear this prayer begin to form and spill out of my heart. So I went and wrote it down.

As I finished writing this prayer, I was looking for pictures to capture it, but how do you photograph the rain? Lots of winter ducks about, so I was taking shots of them when I caught the blur of a large bird flying past my shoulder. A Blue Heron, I thought, a perfect bird to represent the rain. The lens of the camera was set for a longer distance and I couldn't adjust it quickly enough to catch the bird flying by so close to me. When I gave up and looked with my eyes at the bird that had already past me I realized I was looking at a white tail. The large bird off my shoulder was a bald eagle. God had waked me up early to find my prayer for the cleansing of pain from my heart, and He had given me my answer. Isaiah 40: 31, but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.

No comments: