Thursday, March 4, 2010

Vignettes on Sorrow

Bill Thomas Thompson
Born August 11, 1928
Died March 3, 2010
Everything in between was packed full of life and joy and courage and honor. Loved, Lost and Living on in so many hearts.

I love you, Popsi. I miss you so much already! Sleep well sweet warrior. We'll hold you again in the light of the Throne.

I woke up this morning to find it’s still true
The world has stopped turning for an hour or two
The water’s still dark & the sky’s the same hue
But there’s no where to go where I can find you.



Lots of little notes and prayers
From friends with love to share
I know they’ll mean so much someday…
Today I just don’t care!



I didn’t say you had to stay,
I thought that you just knew,
And now you’re gone and I’m alone.
I don’t know what to do.

I had not time to get it done,
All that I had to do.
I should have left it all undone
And just come visit you

“He’s doing fine”, is what they said.
“He’s really pulling through.”
So I went on and did my work
And I missed seeing you

“Tomorrow I’ll be up at dawn,
With fewer things to do,
So I’ll go then and spend some time.”
But that plan just fell through.

I’ll never get to stop again
To sit and visit you
Cause you reached out and took God’s hand
And now He’s holding you.

And I’m left with an empty heart
And nothing I can do
Because I chose to work instead
Of being there with you.

I said it every time I left,
And you knew it was true,
But still I wish I'd said once more,
"Sweet Popsi, I love you."

No comments: