Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bad Dreams

The demons rage within my brain
Dragging me from sleep
I cannot fight or hope to hide
I cannot think or weep
I only have one choice right now,
To answer to the muse,
And pray that she will turn this pain
To something I can use.

I’m haunted by the searing grief
Of sorrows I have sown
The bitterness that I now reap
I’ve nourished as it’s grown
I’ve feed it with my guilty soul
I’ve watered it with fears
And now I face the harvesting
Of burning, bitter tears.

But as she has at other times
The muse steps in and lays
A soothing hand upon my mind
To cools its fevered ways.
By giving voice to all the fears
That crept into my dreams
She stripped them of the power to tear
At all my ragged seams
And I am once again made whole…
Enough to face my dreams

No comments: