Monday, September 10, 2007

Joy and Sorrow

I still love you very much,
My sorrow still runs deep.
But God has given great joy to me
And that joy is mine to keep.

I have the mist, before the dawn,
That twines among the trees.
I have the cleansing rain at night.
I have the evening breeze.

I have two smiling little faces and
A warm spot on my knee
Where they have sat and laughed and played
And shared their love with me.

I have the changing beauty of
The seasons as they pass.
Each bringing something new and fresh.
Each one a soul’s repast.

I have the memories of times
Before this current storm;
Of laughter shared, of songs we loved,
Of feeling safe and warm,

Of holding hands and taking walks
And sharing common joys.
Of simply knowing someone who
Enjoys what I enjoy.

My heart will never find relief
Though my eyes may cease to weep,
But God has given me great joy
And that is what I’ll keep.

No comments: